Greetings! Welcome to Ascension Hill Ministries Courses site.
Many people find it easier and even more fulfilling to study and learn from a Lesson or Course format than just reading a long blog post.
We hope that you’ll find this site helpful to your personal walk and growth in Christ.
Yvonne and I will be adding courses here to help whoever is Called to a Deeper Life with Christ to grow and develop their gifts and Callings and to make their election sure. Let’s start here:
And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? (26) He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? Luke 10:25-26 KJV
HOW READEST THOU? In other words, what is your “understanding”?
Understanding is so important to proper application of the words to our life and affairs.
2 Peter 1:1-16 KJV Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
(2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord…(Do you SEE that word translated knowledge in verse 2? It is a very Special word for us to get acquainted with; let me help. The Greek word is epignosis, Strong’s Concordance Number 1922. It expresses not only the very intimate knowledge of its primary root, gnosis (# 1097), but the complete, comprehensive, full picture of what is being said overall. I call it the “box-top” so we clearly see where to fit the puzzle pieces. How does it come? You will SEE as you continue to read on down this page to the “add-to’s” that Peter lists for us in 2nd Peter 1 verse 4 through 2nd Peter 1 verse 7 below.
Go through all these verses, taking your time to ponder. Every bible verse is alive to Those who are Alive with the Spirit. Remember, the Spirit is the HOLY Spirit and reproduces after its own kind: Holiness. Not tongues, or gifts first, that all comes later, but sanctification leading to holiness without which none of us will ever SEE the Lord, Spiritually-speaking. We’ll stay trapped in the Letter of the Word stuck at Jacob’s well. I found in my old notes a wonderful Principle that you will find true in your Journey with the Lord no matter how long it’s been: “A gift of grace of the Spirit is not to let us see too much too fast.” We all try to climb up some other way and bypass the basics, Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. The door is the Cross, our Cross.
So, let us start at the Start; In-Joy:
Confirm Your Calling and Election
(3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto [life – #2222 = Zoe] and godliness, through the [knowledge – #1922 = epignosis] of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: (He came to bring many Sons to Glory-Heb 2:10; the only real sin is coming short of the Glory that we are Called to, Romans 3:23.
(4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(5) And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
(6) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
(7) And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
(8) For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(9) But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
(10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, (YOU) give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
(11) For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
(12) Wherefore I (Marion & Yvonne) will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye (maybe?) know them, and be established in the present truth.
(13) Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance;
(14) Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
(15) Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
(16) For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2Pe 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
2Pe 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
1Pe 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
Called to Be Holy
1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; NOT the Rapture
1Pe 1:14 As obedient [children-#5043 = teknon], not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of [conversation – #391 = anastrophe manner of life];
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain [conversation – #391 = anastrophe manner of life] received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 Being [born again – # 313 =anagennáō – REGENERATED], not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the [word – # 3056 = Logos] of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
Here is the same verse in the Concordant Literal Version: 1Pe 1:23 having been regenerated~, not o of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the word of God, living and |permanent…
1Pe 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1Pe 1:25 But the [word – # 4487 = Rhema – the Spoken or Declared Words) of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
Again the Concordant Literal Version: Yet the declaration of the Lord is remaining for the eon. Now this is the declaration •which is being brought to you in the evangel. (1 Peter 1:25 Concordant Literal Version)
2 Timothy 2:15
There is a good rule to follow for finding out what a text or a section or a chapter or a book means. It is attributed to both Miles Coverdale (1488-1569) and John Wycliffe (1325-1384).
It is worth knowing and should be copied into one’s copy of the Bible for constant reference and for constant application to all studies made of the Sacred Scriptures. Here it is:
THE GOLDEN RULE OF SCRIPTURE INTERPRETATION
“It shall greatly helpe ye to understand Scripture,
if thou mark not only what is spoken or wrytten,
but of whom, and to whom, with what words,
at what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances,
considering what goeth before and what followeth after.”
Click here for information and free tools to help improve your Study of the bible.